Earlier this week at SkyWater, we had our annual Friendsgiving during the lunch hour. On the surface, it seems like your typical office potluck, but today as I stuffed my face with delicious smoked turkey made by my friend, colleague, and fellow blog contributor Tim Snell, I looked around the room and thought to myself - we really have something special happening at SkyWater, and I am very thankful for it.
5-years running, we have been awarded with the Best Places To Work award from the Minneapolis/St.Paul Business Journal. We have many awards and accolades, but this one in particular means so much to us. At SkyWater, each day truly feels like we are coming to work with our friends to do meaningful work that helps our clients and candidates alike.
I reflect today, on so many people I talk with who complain about their workplace. Perhaps their roles are uninteresting to them. Maybe they disagree with the strategy set by their leadership. Many times it sounds to me as if the culture at their place of employment is toxic. These things can be so soul crushing.
Does any of this resonate with you?
- You find yourself dreading going into the office each morning.
- Your co-workers drag you down.
- You feel like your talents aren't being appreciated.
- You know you could contribute so much more.
- You feel you're underpaid (you can find out by the way, right here in our salary guides).
Take it from someone who consults on this matter for a living: you deserve better.
I stand by my earlier comment that SkyWater is something special: We treat each-other with kindness and respect. We do meaningful work that helps people. We offer competitive pay and benefits. We offer unlimited time off.
But hear this also: SkyWater is not a unicorn.
I work with clients every day who are hiring
- Clients who are ethical.
- Clients who have a healthy, kind, and respectful culture.
- Clients who offer competitive pay & benefits.
- Clients who recognize work-from-home and unlimited time off as the new norm.
It's possible to love your job. Get in touch with your SkyWater recruiter. We would love to connect you with one of our amazing clients who are hiring.
Cheers from our family to yours this thanksgiving. 🍻